Helping Our Clients Address A Variety Of Legal Needs
Theodore Thomas Sandberg
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Juvenile Law
- Personal Injury
Ted Sandberg is a litigation attorney with an active trial practice handling a wide variety of disputes throughout North Dakota in both State and Federal Court. Ted's areas of concentration are criminal defense and general litigation.
Ted is a 1994 graduate of Wayne State University, and a 1997 graduate of the University of North Dakota School of Law. He was on the staff (1995-1996) and associate editor (1996-1997) for the University of North Dakota Law Review. Following law school, Ted clerked for Circuit Court Judge James Batzer in Western Michigan; followed by a clerkship with United States Magistrate Judge Harry Branson in Anchorage, Alaska. Ted then served for six years as a prosecuting attorney in Wayne County (Detroit) Michigan, before entering private practice in North Dakota. Ted joined our firm in 2011, entered the partnership in 2013, and became senior partner in 2022. Ted lives with his family in Grand Forks, North Dakota.
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Michigan, 1997
- North Dakota, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- Representative on the State Bar of North Dakota Board of Governors (2016 to present)
- Greater Grand Forks Bar Association (2010 to present, former President 2012-2013)
- North Dakota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (2010 to present, former President 2013-2014)
- Navy League -- North Dakota Chapter, (2013 to present, General Counsel 2013 to present)
- Past member of the State Bar of North Dakota Continuing Education Committee
- Past member of the Grand Forks Public Library Board of Directors
- American Institute of Criminal Attorneys 10-Best Attorneys, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Continental Laywer’s Who’s Who of Criminal Defense, The Pinnacle Award, 2020
- National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 100 Litigators and one of the Top 100 Criminal Lawyers in the country, 2017
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorney Ten-best Client Satisfaction, 2016
- United States Navy Submarine veteran, honorable discharge in 1990.