Guiding Grand Forks Families With Estate And Probate Concerns
When it comes to passing your wealth to the next generation, a team of knowledgeable attorneys can make all the difference. At Olson, Juntunen, Sandberg & Boettner, we have served the families of the Grand Forks region since 1898. As a mainstay of our community, we feel a deep commitment to helping our clients protect their loved ones’ futures. You can turn to us for assistance with every step of estate planning, estate administration and probate law.
Estate and probate laws are very different from North Dakota to Minnesota. Fortunately, our lawyers are licensed to practice in both states and are very knowledgeable about the differences in regulations.
Using Trusts And Other Tools To Protect Assets
Estate plans are a crucial tool in managing your legacy. We draft customized documents such as:
- Wills: Our team helps with creating a will to identify your beneficiaries and leave them certain assets.
- Trusts: We explore your options when it comes to trusts so you can leave assets to loved ones and reduce tax liabilities.
- Advance health care directives: Through these, you let your doctors and loved ones comply with your course of treatment.
- Powers of attorney: If you lose your capacity, we can place the power into the hands of someone you trust.
- Business succession plans: You can develop a plan to pass your business to your children or the next owner.
Through the strategic use of these tools, particularly trusts, we can help you preserve your assets and minimize the impact of estate taxes.
Compassionate Yet Strong Probate Litigators
Even with strategic planning, some estates must pass through probate. In other situations, a dispute arises involving the decedent’s will or trust. We understand how emotionally difficult these conflicts can be. As tenacious litigators, though, we are more than capable of representing you assertively in probate and trust litigation.
Get In Touch With A Caring Attorney Today
It is not easy to think about the end of your life or a loved one’s life. Olson, Juntunen, Sandberg & Boettner can make the process easier. Set up an initial consultation with one of our lawyers; call 888-681-5402 or send us an email today.